Wednesday, November 13, 2013

[MUSIC] Huh Gak (허각) - 1st Digital Mini Album 'Reminisce' | 향기만 남아 (Memory Of Your Scent) MV


Huh Gak  (허각) is back and ready to break our hearts again with his mellow and emotional voice. I've been a huge fan of Huh Gak since he sang a soundtrack for k-drama Big, so I'm always happy whenever he released a new song. Getting ready for fall season, Huh Gak released yet another heart-breaking ballad songs. The title track for his 1st Digital Mini album 'Reminisce' is 향기만 남아 (Memory Of Your Scent) - which literally translates to 'Only Scent is Left Behind'. It instantly becomes my current favorite, and I've been replaying the song many times. Check out the MV below :3

Only the scent remains and tortures me 
I draw you out past my dull memories 
The memories flow on top of the lonely wind 
Who can comfort me when I’m this sad? 
 
When I close my eyes, I think of you 
I am left alone again and wandering these streets 
Being pulled by a slight trembling, I suddenly lifted my head 
Then I hear the song that we used to sing together 
The MV starring Lee Yoo-bi (이유비) (whom I remember as being Kwangsoo's girlfriend in Innocent Man/Nice Guy - she's so pretty, btw.), is about a girl who just suffered loss (it's not clear whether it's separation or death). She's trying to remember the guy's scent, and tried to recreate his scent because that's the only thing that's left for her to remember. It seems her effort is useless, because it doesn't smell the same. Even though she used his tie, and handkerchief to produce the same smell, she can't. In the end she just breaks down. Although the MV might seem a bit awkward when she put weird things in the blender, it has a deep meaning to it.


Besides the title track, there are two other songs in the album Track 01 사랑했다, and Track 03 오늘만은 말할게. I wasn't really liking the first track, but Track 03 is definitely my favorite! It's also a ballad song; so if you're feeling melancholic, you should listen to this.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...